View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot to add that along with their spot on diagnosis, while still in ICU, and not having been seen by any one other than the the critical care ICU doctor, they also withheld abruptly, the prednisone that I had been on for eight days at the other hospital. That alone was enough to send me over the edge. I did not see a psychiatrist or have any 'psychiatric testing' to make this conclusion. It was already determined before I left ICU that I was psyciatric.
The psyciatrist and his underlings came into my room and questioned me about my childhood, etc, any trauma, Yada, Yada, to clench the diagnosis.
They quoted me that I said I was 'frustrated'. They neglected to mention that I had elaborated that I was frustrated that I had gone through all this hospitalization, treatment and unpleasant tests and still had no diagnosis, which was why I had come there in the first place. They also mentioned that I said I was attached to the mestinon. Of course I was! It gave me a few hours of relief in this hell I was going through!
They never laid eyes on me while I was at my worst.
I should have known something was up, when on the first day I was in ICU, the attending doc came in and said that they see young people come into the ER all the time that get into their parents mestinon and use it to get a buzz and overdose, and end up in the ER. I told him that sounded ludicrous. I told him there was no euphoria or buzz associated with mestinon in my experience. That it only temporarily relieved some, but not all of my symptoms for a short time, and made me able to think about something other than this dreadful condition.
I asked him why anybody would take such a thing voluntarily, especially given all its unpleasant side effects while your body is adjusting to it.
This made me think he was grasping for straws then, as I started wondering just how many medicine cabinets were actually stocked with mestinon, that would make it so available to these young people he spoke about.
limpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (02-15-2013)