View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Yes, I get tested every year or two. I have very poor vision, with one "wandering eye" due to poor muscle control, and severe astigmatism. My right eye is legally blind, and I need strong prisms in my glasses to keep it in line, but i have no depth perception, so my eyes are closely monitored and now they do the cataract tests as well. Blurred vision is listed with the gabapentin side effects and I had it before I started the opiate therapy.

I definitely think the gabapentin causes fog, memory, and all sorts of issues, and what you are describing sounds very severe, not the typical menopause memory problems everyone talks about.

How is your sleeping? Are you sleeping poorly at night, or sleepy during the day? Narcolepsy can cause confusion between awake and asleep states.
My sleeping is good. Well, that is one thing I probably benefit from Gabapentin -- it helps me sleep at night. I dont think I have Narcolepsy. I just hope I can taper down the gabapentin dosage but I cannot. How long have you been on the same dosage of gabapentin. In 15 months, I went from 900mg to 1800mg. My doctor said that there are a lot of patients that once it finds the right dosage, it stays in the same dosage for a long time. That is why he increased my dosage to 600mg 3x a day because in my previous dosage, my pain was not well controlled. For a while, I was doing good with the new dosage but now, it would seem that the pain in my feet is worse.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote