View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Why won't they at LEAST put you on something like Topamax or Lyrica for the nerve pain? I don't understand it! Those are NOt opiates -- they're usually used for seizures, but they found out that they worked for nerve pain. If you could get THAT pain under control, you'd feel loads better!

Maybe if you asked them to Rx one of those meds, they wouldn't be so quick to say NO. I do best on Topamax. I've been on that for a long time, and it took ALL my nerve pain away. Many folks are on Gabapentin, but that made me gain all sorts of weight because of water retention! It made me loopy too!

Anyway -- see what happens. Ask for nerve pain meds instead of opiates, or actual pain meds. maybe they'll say ok. God bless and take care. Hugs, lee
Thank You. I NEVER ask dr.s for any meds, narcotic/nerve,,,,anything. I just sit there and let them talk. I have lyrica, helps. Have tried neurontin, Celebrex,Cymbalta, found Lyrica does work best. I figure its two things, If they dont perscribe pain meds DEA will never hear of them. 2.Epidurals cost round $3000 shot(when workers comp was paying for treatment used to get copy of bills) office visit and script $200-$300. I refuse to believe that everyone in my condition would benefit from epidurals. If they helped me at all I would gladly have more. If a Dr. told me I had to Sacrifice an animal to help my pain I would. And I love animals. Hate being in pain. I hate going to the Drs. Hate being at there mercy. Hate feeling helpless.
tombyr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-16-2013)