View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We just came back home...

We just came back from WV for Dads surgery. It went as well as expected, I guess. The only thing that surprised us is that is for the first three days he could not eat or wake up. He slept the entire time. So we were really worried about that. We could only afford to be there for four days, the day before the surgery (actually the night, we arrived @ around midnight) and then those three days after the surgery. So I really didn't get to see him or talk to him much after the surgery. I sat with him, but he was so out of it, he didn't even realize I was there. I called yesterday and he said he felt a little better, and they had him up walking around and he ate one meal. So I was glad about that. Today I called and the roommate answered and said he was discharged today. I just about passed out. So I called my sister who lives up there and talked to her. She said he was completely feeling better. Up walking around, eating, bowels were moving and he was just being impatient because it was taking them too long to discharge him. So different than what I had seen when I was there. But too, when I was there we had asked them to hold off on the narcotics and give him something like Celebrex and Lyric, so that maybe he can come out of the fogginess some. So that may have helped. I know from my own personal experience that narcotics can definitely put you out and mess up your stomach.

So all in all, a good experience and praying that this reduces his seizures (or stops) and helps with his short term memory.

Thanks to all of you who have helped with your insight and prayers.

M
hurtsobad73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote