View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile What did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
I have been on Gabapentin for over a year now. Earlier on, I experienced brain fogginess but as I went along, I have noticed frequent forgetfulness. I attribute some to natural aging. But some I know its not from aging. For example, there was a conversation the previous day that when I wake up the following day, it would seem that that conversation was like a dream. I have to think hard to realize it was real. Another one - I called my friend 2x to talk about exactly the same thing we talked about the previous day. If I am experiencing this memory problem now only 16 months on this medication, how will I fare years from now?

I wish there are better alternatives to Gabapentin. Sadly, we have limited options. The gabapentin in fact is not 100% effective but it weans off some of the discomfort.

Does anyone on gabapentin experience the same memory problems?
Not really so bad, but definite memory affect. Started gabapentin in 11/2006, 300 X 3 a day - and yes, memory stuff, some days worse than others, but absolutely a trade off I'm willing to make for the relief the neurontin gave me, even on first dose! Life changer - my pn was undiagnosed for more than a few years, so on the first dose of gab. I felt a sense of well being I had not in years. Good luck - worth the trade off for me now, and at 62, memory is iffy anyway. Have been experiencing less-than-stellar vision too, but optomotrist also preaches dry eyes as problem with aging and blur. Grateful my condition and symptoms and side-effects are not worse. Throw in Apnea, and cpap now - most daily activities, including frequent golf and teaching, not affected. Though the cognitive declines do make the classroom interesting!!!
mslincolnaol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote