View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MAO-B inhibitors

Hi Lemonlime,

I wanted to share that I am currently going through withdrawl of Selegeline which I have taken almost continually for about 15 years.
It has only been 5 days so far and my symptoms are worse but not terrible, some more cramping and the sinemet I take is not lasting as long as I am used to (more like 3 hours than 3 1/2 - 4 ).
I have done this before when I was going to have minor surgery.
I also have had 2 scares over the years with interactions of the MAO-I and herbs (I think one time it was 5-HTP which I wasn't aware was in a supplement).
I would greatly prefer to not take it as there are so many possible and dangerous interactions. If I have any reactions- I'll try to let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonlime View Post
Hi Drevy - I am curious how long you were on Azilect and if you had a hard time coming off of it? Rhodiola is something we would like to try, among other supplements, but can't because of the Azilect being an MAOI - B inhibitor. Apparently there are 693 meds that interact with Azilect - that's crazy! I would appreciate any information you could contribute about weaning off and any changes you may have noticed, other than anxiety. Of course this would be done with a doctor's supervision.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (02-18-2013)