View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bny - Thanks! I think if it were true MG then surely I wouldn´t feel this good!
You are not supposed to be able to access your original stamina pre-MG once you contract this disease.
I didn´t start Mestinon until the worst peak was already over.

Mike – I was still worried in which direction this should all go until November.
I most certainly did not think my symptoms would ever ease up 2 years ago...

Glad I can be of some hope.....to which patient population I am not entirely sure – hopefully not the wrong one!

Limpy – I´m certainly not deserving – just lucky this time round...

Celeste – I haven´t taken Mestinon for weeks. When I first took it I actually felt like I was defying gravity and I wanted to cry
with this little reminder of how you´re supposed to feel when muscles don´t weigh you down like concrete any more.
I stopped taking it because I was already starting to feel better on my own and could do nothing to stop that process.
As though the muscles began generating their own strength and had more power than the Mestinon itself.

Quandry – They have definitely taken their time but muscles have started behaving themselves in an appropriate and
positively exponential manner. A bit like your analogy of the rock once it starts gaining its momentum

Kathie - thank you. I probably could have done with that stronger medication during my worst year, now I definitely don´t need it.

I´m not a typical MG patient with positive tests - or even a typical´atypical´MG patient to take any example from at all,
But still, thanks for sharing my joy with me. I really do think that there won´t be any one else who can truly begin to understand
what it feels like to end up in a myasthenic straight jacket, and then what it might possibly feel like to get out of one.....

Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (02-16-2013), gr8ful (02-16-2013), pingpongman (02-16-2013), seishin (02-16-2013), southblues (02-16-2013)