View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You already received two thorough exceptional answers from two of the most knowledgeable people on this list. If I might add another couple of thoughts. First is a request to consider being part of the Michael J Fox PPMI research study. They are looking for people who are diagnosed with Parkinson's but have not started any medication. This does not mean that you don't get to start medication, just that when they are doing their baseline reports you have not had any yet. The person who is taking Azilect will not qualify for the Michael J Fox program. Second, it's important to understand, as the others have emphasized, that every person has their own personal journey with Parkinson's. My onset was later, after I was 62 years old, and has followed a different course than the others. A year after my diagnosis I began cycling and by doing that was able to decrease my dose of dopamine agonist and eliminate Azilect. You can read more about that on the Pedaling for Parkinson's thread. I have needed to try three different types of dopamine agonists and then I'm constantly monitoring myself to see where I am and what more I might need or what less I might need. The one constant is my ability to cycle and I need to keep on cycling. it will not work for everyone, but it is worth giving it a try.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (02-16-2013), rappleman (03-04-2013)