View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Trying not to panic but

I have been on a serious dive after doing so well. I am 3 1/2 months post op rib ressection and scalene removal. After the initial first week of surgery pain and a setback with a freak embolism I felt so good for about two months. I felt better than I had in years and really thought I had finally found a way out of this 12 year nightmare. About mid January I started having issues and a return of symptoms - shoulder dropping, tingling and ticklish in neck and jaw, shoulder and neck pain, etc. the pain paths feel somewhat different than before but is getting worse and becoming more constant. I am fighting despair and panic.

I ordered a copy of the op report to see exactly what was done. The doctor thought is was neurogenic going in but appears to have been neurogenic and arterial as the subclavian was also compressed. The report said there was excessive scar tissue and fibrosis bands. This seems to be common for me as previous shoulder surgeries said the same.

How can this be? Can scar tissue form again this quickly? What else could be wrong? This is really testing everything about me and I am not sure what to do.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote