View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Grin

dear Mari

this is good... you have found some techniques to help you deal with the pillminder difficulties. and i'm glad you got it refilled. i do that also sometimes - refill it when i still have one or two nights to go. i mostly do that so i know beforehand if i need to go pick up a refill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Last night I filled it when I had two night left.
I used the set of pills as a pattern to replicate on the other 5 nights. I think I can take a picture on my phone of one complete square. That will also help me feel more comfortable about filling in the little squares.
yours is a very visual process.

i use a sequential one. here is mine:

• make a to do pile in front of me, and close to me, of all the boxes of my daily meds.
    • take a box from the to-do pile and "do" that box as follows:
      • take the correct number of pills from that box for one day.
      • place the med into the first empty slot in the pillminder.
      • repeat with each empty slot, until all have this med in it.
    • set that box down to my left and at arms length. this is my done pile.
      (i place it on the left because i'm right-handed.
      that and the distance help me not to confuse this pile with the to-do pile. )
    • take another box from the to-do pile and "do" that box as described for the first box.
  • i am done when all the boxes are in the done pile.

this allows me to break down what i must focus on.
  1. determine which meds i take daily. no dosage consideration here.
  2. determine total daily dosage of a single med.
repetition does the rest. i know when i am done because i have no more med boxes in front of me.

i am not suggesting you use my method. i just thought i'd post it to you in case it were helpful. everyone's thinking is different.

i liked your idea of using a photograph to help you reproduce a pattern, if pattern-matching is the most natural way for you to approach this problem.

again congratulations on getting the pillminder done!! I am proud of you!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (02-17-2013), butterfly11 (02-18-2013), Dmom3005 (02-17-2013), ginnie (02-18-2013), Mari (02-17-2013)