View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Member: My road to RSD

Hi,

My name is Sue. First let me say that I am so glad to have found this forum. I feel that I no longer will be alone.

I have had RSD Type ll for 8 yrs. All my life I have had a hip problem. After many docters and operations I heard the news I had been waiting for all these yrs. My Dr. agreeded that I needed a hip replacement. I was so happy. He told me my pain was going away. Boy was he wrong. A 4 hr. operation turned into 7 and when I woke up, my right foot would not move. They fitted me for a brace right away and said I should get better in time. 3 months later, the pain was getting worse. Burning like I was on fire. My foot would curl up with muscle spasms so bad that I would just scream while my husband tried to uncurl my foot. Well the years have gone by and I have just gotten worse. Its hard to walk, sleep, get out of bed, you all know what its like. The meds are so bad, but I need them to do "normal" things. I've tried to work, but had to stop 2yrs ago.

The worst thing for me is my family not understanding. My kids think I am a drug addict. Everyone says I need to just deal with it. Easy for them to say.
My hands are starting to go numb from typing. Have to stop.

Thanks for being here. God bless.

Sue
sue k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theburasfam (05-01-2020)