View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Waves,

You might indeed be calmer and you have the migraine. Yesterday you had some room/space/time to yourself wherein you could air out the place. I wish you had that opportunity everyday.

I hate getting burns at the stove. 'Glad that lavender works.

Your father is like every man I have known -- interferes in the kitchen in non helpful ways. If the man is doing the dinner from start to finish by themselves that is one thing, but when they "contribute" it is usually not good and feelings can go bad. Thank goodness the food was fine because he was not allowed much input.

I wish I could taste your potato dish. I am sure it was good.
You did right to eat his share tonight when it is fresh and at the right temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
grrrrrr. oh and mom didn't care for the potato thingie... didn't improve things. they have to be fed stuff they would make themselves. they are culturally bankrupt especially dad. mom at least likes chinese food but we can never have it because dad hates it. they like curry but have no concept of curry. they like one curry recipe, basically. i've made vegetable curries and dad says "where's the meat."
That is annoying. Mom was not thrilled with your dish either.
I guess your dad needed to do his pout-y thing. Try not to take it personally when he acts like a child.

Mari
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-18-2013), BlueMajo (02-17-2013), butterfly11 (02-18-2013), Dmom3005 (02-17-2013), waves (02-17-2013)