View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk Rrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I just wanted to say "Hi" and to thank you for sharing
I am so very sorry to hear what you've been through and still going through. I wish the doctors could give you a better explanation to what may have gone wrong. I've heard of cases where the patient's body completely rejects the unit, as it is foreign to the body.
But what you describe almost sounds as tho you became very ill right after the implant and you had a fever.....I'm wondering if the doctors ruled out infection?
I completely comprehend the migrated lead bit. I also had that problem, and you're right, it causes stabbing pain, or in my case a very painful 'pinching' feeling, as tho I was being bit by a huge insect.

I'm hoping your body will heal in time and the nerve pain will simmer down. I've battled neuropathy for 6 yrs and boy is it a B-@#&*%!! Over the years since I've had my SCS tho, I've noticed the neuropathy has been getting less and less. Not sure if it's because of the unit, or if this would be happening even if I wouldn't have got the unit.
Please stick around. There's plenty of caring souls here and you've certainly been through the mill. If you click on the link that Mark provided, it'll take you down to the active posting where more people will see it. I know you'll get alot of feedback, and perhaps someone has been thru something similar.

Glad you found us, Dawn

Caring,
Rae
You have been very kind Rae.......I have been off the site for a while. I am in CT and we had a major snow storm, lost power for 3 days and froze our buns.
Mark says I am in the wrong place and should not be posting in a sticky thread. ..............I would like to stick around and talk and read.....I tried to figure out a way to have an email sent when there is a reply to a post I made, but that doesn't happen.....
I have to click on my statistics, then click on my posts one by one and scroll down page by page to see if some one has made a reply......
I can tell you know what you are doing..........
Any advise on the site, I'll take.........
Dawn
dawngri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-17-2013), Rrae (02-17-2013)