View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Groucho,

I am sorry but I dont remember now your history. When were you diagnosed? Do you have SFN? Is your pain limited to your feet and legs?

It seems that you developed a fairly quick tolerance in Gabapentin. I started at 900mg a day in October 2011 and work my way up to 1800mg a day (this is my current dosage). I was trying to hold as long as possible my 1500mg a day because I had a strong suspicion that my neuropathy will be for a long haul. But, the discomforts making me nuts. So, I agreed to increase it to 1800mg a day. Also, my neuro was telling that most patients once they find the right dosage that works for them, they stay in the same dosage for a long long time. Anyway, this was last December. WHen I upped it to 1800mg the pain became tolerable, in fact, I can walk for more than 30mins , walk in the treadmill at speed 3 and an incline of 7. Then, lately, my feet starts to hurt again. I stopped the treadmill and just walk slowly at 30mins. Do my epsom salt soakinng at night but the degree of pain now is more than before I increased to 1800mg! :-(
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote