View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy FAILED Spinal Cord Stimulator

Has anyone out there had a bad experience with the SCS? After all my back surgeries due to an accident, my NS recommended an SCS for the pain.

The trial was fabulous. But the permanent implant was a disaster. ......I got home and vomited for 12 hrs. This misplaced one side of the wires. So every time I turned it on, my chest wall was being zapped.

As you can imagine, horrible things were happening. I stopped using it and after a few weeks, the tech asked the doc to check with X-ray, and the migrated wires were found.........the doc sent me home using just the good side....

Yet still, I used it only twice....I have severe muscle spasms in my back, chest, other places and stabbing chest wall pain........Then I stopped using it and still the symptoms continued................when I began losing control of my legs, it was removed................only 45 days after implant.

But I still have horrible non stop muscle spasms and can not tolerate any minor temperature change........I go from freezing shaking chills to being a furnace in a matter of minutes.........now it is 4 months later, still no better....

The anesthesiologist that placed the SCS and my NS, both said they have never seen this happen before.............
Now back to the pain which is worse than before the surgery in addition to the other problems that began with the SCS...........

Anyone out there have this problem?????????.

DAWN
dawngri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-18-2013), Mark56 (02-18-2013), Rrae (02-19-2013)