View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[[HI ChelK

Yes you MRI shows problems c4 thru c7---Just a little background im fused at the same level. Prior to surgery I had pain for several years in neck always in enough time allowed it went away until 2010 every month pain was there 24/7 --took Docs 6 months before I even got MRI---I had 4 disc pressed against spinal cord -- I started to go parlyzed on the right. Yes with this type of surgery always seek 2-3 consults the other type of Doc would be a orthopedic spinal surgeon --its what I chose but I researched him alot before i even chose him. Yes I agree always try conservative treaments first p.t or esi (epidural steroid injections). I think alot depends on your pain level currently as well are you having numbness in hands and fingers pain going down arm --in shoulder and scapular area?? I will tell you this dont be terrfied. Concernedn yes its spinal surgery-- and there risks involved. That all being said I got to a point pain was so bad I actually looked forward to the surgery. I have no regrets at all it gave me my life back. Im not 100% perfect but i would say 90% improved and Im happy with that outcome.Please let me know if you have more ?? I will be happy to try to answer the best I can. Please dont fear it I wasted so much time fearing it ---i was home from surgery in 24 hrs and the pain after surgery for me was not even close to the pain prior to surgery. I was much better during the recovery period.

I responded to you on the other post so just in case I posted it here as well.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-18-2013)