Old 02-18-2013, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Hi Saffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
Hi there ...

Nice to meet you Dawn.

Have they not suggested maybe a paddle lead be better for you? I know when I had my first leads the sensation went down both legs and between them ... and sadly, not in a nice way.

I just couldn't use the stim at all .. so when I next saw my Surgeon he suggested the paddle lead .. it was BRILLIANT!

It hit the spot totally ... then I got an infection. Despite two weeks in Hospital on PIC line anti biotics, the infection came back and they had to remove everything ... my battery, leads and the paddle lead in my spine.

They tried again last December to place the paddle lead back in my spine, taking even more spine away, but unfortunately it was was far too risky to carry on.

I was devastated - utterly and totally. That, for me, was my last hope and I hid away at home taking all my meds and becoming increasingly depressed.

You're in the right place for support .... we all have our moans and groans too and they don't just have to be about the SCS ..

Welcome.
Thanks for your words of support Saffy......I am so sorry you too have not had success with the SCS. I may have permanent injuries from the stim and will never try it again.

If the docs knew what went wrong, and a way for it not to happen again, I might consider it. Because the trial took away ALL my pain. It is very depressing after yrs of debilitating pain, to have that week of being pain free, and the promise of more pain free days ahead. And then to have it taken away and worse than before..

Wouldn't it be great if a spinal surgeon read our posts and and said, "Step into my office because I CAN help you"

You hang in there too Saffy
dawngri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (02-18-2013), ger715 (02-19-2013), Hannabananna (02-19-2013), Mark56 (02-18-2013), Rrae (02-19-2013)