View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
there are many different opinions on the value of this project.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...ch-plan/62258/

just the messenger!
Hey, I'm a messenger too. Yes there are different opinions, which is great, because some years ago there were no opinions, now brain-talk is hot all around the world. There are citizen scientists and mavericks and faith healers and start-up entrepreneurs; now that the ball starts to roll, Big Government jumps in for International prestige and competition. Europe launched a $1.5 billion project to decipher the human brain, so what is America's response? To spent double that amount. Three billion dollars for the BIGGEST project, TWICE as big.
I hope China declares 4 billion, and then they all keep bidding it up.
No doubt Big Gov will find ways to mess things up, but the $4.5 billion thrown in by America and Europe says that the argument is not about whether or not we are going to eradicate neuro diseases; the argument now is about how to do it. Once it gets rolling, something is bound to start happening.
As Einstein said, "Nothing happens until something moves".
For fighting Parkinson's and other neuro disasters, things have started to move.
I am hopeful. The controversies are a good sign. Little wheels spinning and spinning make the big wheel turn around.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (02-18-2013), Thelma (02-18-2013)