View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Bobbi)))))),

I was more worried about you taking a bisphosphonate (Fosamax, Boniva, Actonel) because of the jaw necrosis risk.

Is the only thing that she's giving you to stave off osteoporosis the Activella??

Ain't it wonderful being female -- you put up with years and years of bloody drawers and sanny-nappies and PMS, only to find out your reward is crappy bones

Whenever I've been in a, shall we say "unique" dental situation because of lacking-in-skill-dental-personnel, I usually find out who the expert is in that particular area and then ask him/her to recommend someone.

One of the things that you might try is getting in touch with the closest dental school. Make an appointment with the Dean. Explain your medical history and ask him to recommend someone. They are usually aware of the newest technologies and they also know who's specializing in what. They also understand the word "competence".

My experience has been that when you have an unusual problem, you can't just pick someone out of the phone book.

I know the fear -- from a different situation in my life -- but, I understand it. Don't let it prevent you from taking care of your teeth and your mouth.

Hope this turns out to be not serious and not painful. BIG HUGS.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote