View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I put this on my other thread as well

Thanks so much for replying to me mg neck prob and ginnie. it's comforting to find people to talk about this...who understand. I'm sorry you are here but grateful at the same time.

It started 2 years ago. I had pain near my shoulder blade on my right side. I was sent for an x-ray which showed slight disc degeneration. I was sent to PT for 4 weeks and sent on my merry way. The pain eventually went away and as I said on my other post,

I was actively running and using kettlebells. In early December, I had really bad shoulder pain and the next day, I had partial numbness in my right thumb and index finger. It tingles and burns sometimes as well. I went to my doctor who ordered an mri and an emg. The day I had my mri, I went back to my office and received a phone call from my doctor wanting to go over the results. I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach. They had me sitting with a neurosurgeon 2 days later.
He decided that I should do 6 weeks of PT and traction (which I did traction for the first time today). But as I said, my primary and the neurologist I saw for the EMG were very surprised by that. They both told me it will probably only resolve with surgery. That is when I decided to ask for another opinion.

On a good note (I think), my primary, the neurosurgeon, neurologist and my pt guy all say that I present much better than what the mri shows. They say that my range of motion is pretty good except I can't really bend my head down. Lately, I have been developing new symptoms, such as numbness in my left hand as well as most of my right hand. I get tingling in my face and on the bottoms of my feet.

When I called the neurosurgeon's office to tell them, I feel it was taken very lightly. My primary knows this and so does the physical therapist. He even told me today that he is happy I am getting another opinion. I obviously want this taken care of, even if it is surgery (though that scares the daylights out of me). I've never had surgery in my life. Thanks for listening to me ramble on.
ChelKB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-20-2013), mg neck prob (02-19-2013)