View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default could you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip girl View Post
Thanks Rick,

I am interested in MP as an adjunct to my PD meds. Over the past month I have been taking 1 or 2 DopaBean by solaray containing 15% l-dopa/50mg with comtan and 1 25/100c/l/dopamine at about 9am. So far it has lasted until 3-4pm with just a very mild down time. At that point I take 2 MP and I am good to go for the rest of the evening. I have found that taking 2 MP with my PD meds causes mild dyskenisia so I have cut it back to 1 MP in the mornings with no dyskinesia
Backgroud: Have had PD for going on 21 years YOPD, had a unilateral DBS/STN in 2006 with labile results. I have had to turn off the IPG many times due to dystonic problems and cannot tolerate high voltage so currently set at 1.5 which bare minimum. I do "forced exercise" by riding a tandem bike with my husband almost every day for about 11 miles. And changed my unhealthy diet for a vegan diet along with Ca, Mg, zinc, Bcomplex, Cayenne, Resveratrol and Vit d. & tumeric, mid January. So I hope I haven't clouded the playing field.
I don't think the MP results are placebo effect and want to try the MP with my IPG turned off to see what would happen with symptoms which are primarily gait issues. I do not have any sudden drop off of my medication while on MP...it is very subtle
I have poor fine motor skills which is not affected by the MP or PD meds - I just live with it. I am very active, do my own yard work, cook, clean and am pretty normal looking.
Any thoughts on how I should continue to trial the MP - I have given myself 3 months - 1 down 2 to go.
thanks
tulip girl
Tulip girl, could you clarify how you are getting the MP? Are you taking more dopabean to get it or getting it in a powder form? Thanks!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote