View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yes , you will do just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Dallas, I'm not a guy - will I do?

I'm sorry your MG has come back with a vengeance. Why can't Bruce Willis do a Die Hard movie about MG? Or why can't our MG movie end with MG being vanquished?!!

Do you have a good neurologist? What about a pulmonologist? A pulmonologist can asses your breathing and maybe do an overnight oximetry instead of a full sleep study to see how you're doing at night. You might benefit from short-term use of a BiPAP or CPAP.

Is the trouble you're having sleeping due to being short of breath? It's possible you could have apnea too. I prop myself up with a couple of pillows but sometimes sleeping in a recliner works best.

When MG comes back like that, I think it's worthwhile to see your primary doctor to rule out other autoimmune conditions like thyroid ones (Grave's disease) or other mitigating factors like a Vitamin D or B12 deficiency, adrenal issues, etc. Did you have your thymus out before? Could it be possible that it's growing?

I really hope your docs can get you feeling better again. Is there any way you could go on short term disability, so that you have more time to recover?

Hang in there. BTW, there are guys here who vary in ages and have gone through a lot with MG. Everyone here has a lot to offer, including amazing support.

Annie
I have been down all those rodes twice. Thymus out no sleep ap. tried CPAP still no help. Start plasmapheresis Monday. The hardest thing on me is stress and being a type A does not help. This time around only minor breathing problems more general tiredness and over all body pain. PCA is very helpful and feels it is
Fibro. Since all other autos have been ruled out. I am wondering if I should make sure Docs have ruled out LEMS. I have always been physically strong working however many hrs. Needed to provide for my family. I am concerned that if no relief soon from fatigue and pain I may have to be forced to settle for less for my family.

Thanks Annie
Dallas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote