Thread: Itchy when hot?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Itchy when hot?

Hi All,

This seems like a really friendly and helpful forum.

I guess I'm in what some people call "Limboland" at the moment.

I suddenly developed double vision (which lasted a couple of weeks) a few months ago which led to some tests including an MRI. I had my first appointment with the Neurologist last Friday and he said they suspected MS and wanted to do a Lumbar Puncture and some kind of visual sensory test.

As I'm sure everyone knows, this all comes as a bit of a shock. Not quite sure how I feel at the moment but I have been doing a bit of reading and looking at this forum etc.

A couple of other things have started to stand out in my memory after reading other people's experiences and I thought I should probably tell the neuro when I see him again. These include temporary numbness in a finger and a toe for a while. Also I was considering whether to go to my GP to talk about depression as I seem to get periods of a few weeks or so where I lose all drive and enthusiasm for everything. It affects my work and home life and I guess has been happening for a while now. I work full time and run a new business and this has caused me to notice more than before.

One thing that I haven't heard anyone say though is that they get ichy-ness. It's often when I go to bed and it's always in the same places. It seems to be worse when hot. There are no marks on my skin. It feels as if it is in a line down the outside of my lower and upper legs and also on the back of my neck. Does this sound like something I should tell the neuro? Or has anyone else experienced something similar?

Sorry for the long post.
Sam.
SamL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (02-21-2013), Kitty (02-20-2013), SallyC (02-20-2013)