Thread: Itchy when hot?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Itchiness is one of my sensory symptoms and it can be maddening! Mine is mostly located on my back.....that spot where it can't be easily reached from above or below. And it's more noticeable at night when I'm trying to sleep. I do get it in other areas, too. Right now it's on the left side of my head behind my ear. And what's so strange about it is scratching doesn't alleviate the sensation!

Here's a good link about MS Itchiness: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ing/index.aspx

There are medications used to relieve the itchiness, as stated in the article, but I've chosen not to take them. I just put up with it and wait for it to pass. Seems like I'm just trading one set of symptoms for another set (from the meds ) so I just wait it out.

I hope you feel better soon. It's just a mish-mash of symptoms with MS. When one leaves another shows up to take it's place!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
new2net98 (02-20-2013), SallyC (02-20-2013)