Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Dear Mari
You mentioned a few days ago that your mood had gone south. I am wondering, did that lift or... ?
How are you doing now, moodwise?

I send you lots of hugs and warm thoughts.
Let us know what happens with the Ritalin.

~ waves ~
Waves,

My mood was good enough yesterday and today. It is better than it was the day I said my mood had gone south but maybe it is still not all that good. I cannot account for the mood changes. They do not seem tied to my sleep.

I have felt that this mdoc is good --- better than any other doctor I have had. Also, I like that she is conveniently located.
I do feel that she is not taking into account the bipolar --- cognition, mood, and the whole thing about how very very hard it is to deal with being bipolar. My pdoc, tdoc are gentle. My sleep doc is very gentle.

Mdoc wants to write 'scripts for me and I tell her I have already tried them or others in their family and will not take them (Sleep meds for example).
We seem to have the same discussion every time. I tell her that 25 years ago my psychologist said that the sleep is a medical probablem and the psychiatrist I was seeing said sleep is a psychological problem. I tell her that the care givers I have now say the same thing.
Then she she wants me to see different psych care givers. Then she wants me to ask my pdoc better questions. I told her I value the relationship I have with the pdoc and cannot ask too much of him because I need to keep his trust.
She asks if I tell my pdoc the truth about my sleep and low ability to function. (I do.)
She gets frustrated that the sleep problem cannot be fixed.

When she recommends expensive drugs like Lyrica or Provigil, I tell her insurance will not cover them. She asked about the coupon for Lyrica she gave me. I told her activating the coupon involved too many steps that I could not manage.
She seemed to feel that I was not motivated to improve my situation.

I wish she would accept the sleep condition and move on to take care of my other needs.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-20-2013), butterfly11 (02-22-2013), Dmom3005 (05-04-2017), waves (02-20-2013)