View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi guys, and thank you so much for the replies. I am sorry for the delay in my reply, I have been "laid up" with the flu and haven't really been up to using the computer til now. Unfortunately as I've got slightly better flu wise, my back has also flared, with the nerve symptoms being particularly hard to cope with. I am now getting horrible electric shocks, like red hot needles, up the entirety of my back and down my arms and legs. The burning on my thighs is worse and I can feel something "wrong" in my spine, higher up than my operation site (probably around the L2 area I think). I can't even wear a bra at the moment because my arms get pins and needles and the shocks get worse. I'm trying not to sound really moany in this but I have to say what's going on. I'll try not to be too whiny about it, although I think the lack of energy from the flu is making me feel a bit defeatist and low!

I rang the neurosurgery department today to see if there was any news on why I hadn't received a letter saying I was on the list. The lady I spoke to was really lovely and helpful. While I was on, I told them about the MRI I've had recently in case it saves time in the appointment process (she mentioned they might be holding off giving me an appointment while they arrange one, so that has cut that bit out). I also explained that while I am not very mobile I only live 2 minutes away from the hospital and will take any cancellation at any level of notice. I'm not doing anything, am I! In the meantime I am on their list but haven't as yet been allocated an appointment. I really do think though that this is where the answers might lie, as I feel I am not really getting anywhere with the pain clinic - I feel as though they are less concerned with what is wrong with me than they are at just dealing with the symptoms - I don't think that's unfair of me to think that?

I have got to go back for another blood test, but only once the flu has totally gone. Nearly two weeks in I am over the chills but not the weakness and aches. It's hard to work out where the flu ends and the "normal" backache/weakness starts lol!

Anyway I really appreciate the replies and ideas, I am going to do a bit of googling now to read up more on what you've suggested xxx
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote