View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
Getting forgetful... I posted an experiment that I had completed on Robert Rodgers' site
(PD RECOVERY) and forgot to type it here. Anyway here is a simple tincture you can make in your kitchen with fava beans (still need a G6pd blood test to make sure you don't have favism before using favas)
I soaked 1 C fava beans for 24 hours in spring water(drain and rinse well)
Then rinsed and drained them 3 times a day for 4 days
Peel the outer coat off the beans and cut off any bad spots/ rinse off/ let drain
Mash the beans well and put in a glass jar with a tight closing lid.
LABEL : Fava Bean Sprout tincture / and the date
Add 3/4 C brandy . Close lid tight and shake this a couple times a day for a month
Strain thru a fine tea strainer..into another clean jar
Press mash with a spoon to remove all the precious liquid as possible and tightly close lid
Let this jar stand for 24 hours so all the sediment goes to the bottom
Then, using a turkey baster(new/ not used for meat) or a syringe...extract the clear liquid from the top down to almost the sediment and put this into a dropper bottle (dark if possible). The sediment is usable.. .. I just use it first
(my dose is about 1/4 teas ...1/2 a dropperful) and I just put the sediment in a small bottle marked sediment...you just don't want the sediment in your tincture. It will discolor it and make it not last as long.
I still have not found a chemist around here to test things for me...so I don't know how much l-dopa is in this compared to the fava top tincture that I make from plants in the garden...(fava tops tincture 2 drops = 1mg.) I always recommend starting any new supplement out slow and small dose.... I started with just a few drops. The tinctures work faster if I hold them in my mouth for a minute...kind of works like a sublingual I think. Each person will react differently . It is interesting at my house, dad seems to have an allergic reaction to fava beans as far as eating them with a meal...he will feel itchy, but he doesn't react to the fava tops tincture...it helps his restless legs calm down. Haven't let him try the fava sprout tincture as yet.
GOOD LUCK WITH THIS A FEW OF YOU LAB RATS OUT THERE!
(makes my whiskers wiggle......but it keeps my hand from tremor and my leg still)
Aunt Bean,
So I used some older fava beans (several years) and culled the ones that didn't sprout but I'm wondering how long the sprout emerging from the bean should be.
Are you planting different varieties this year? Planting season here won't start for a couple of months yet but I just bought 35 lbs of fresh fava pods to begin the arduous task of taking beans out and juicing the pods - this year I'm using ice cube trays to store in the freezer - just take out a couple of cubes in the morning and afternoon. Yesterday I juiced a lemon and added to the fava and had been resting my feet on a takefumi (bamboo refloxology tool) while watching tv - don't know if it was the lemon/fava or the bamboo piece but constipation turned the opposite-sorry if this is too much info folks

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote