Thread: Dr. Paneri
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lurking,

i repost my updated protocol...each protocol is individual,depending on the age,weight,and and height of the PD patient...

so the best way would be to get an appointment with a Neuro who does Nicotine therapy,i know these are very rare for the moment unfortunately

you have to begin GRADUALLY
gradually is essential,i insist on this,if you start or switch at a too much high dose,it will not work properly
i am taking 24h patch,my brand is Nicopatch,but any brand should work

to enter the protocol,you must be on levadopa drugs .
I am on sinemet 100/10 .I take 1 pill 3 times/day presently.
you must NOT TAKE THIAMIN (vitamin B1 ) supplement ,as it would interfere with the nicotine.eating red meat is also a big No-no .
the patches have to taken everyday & for the rest of your life. (so this is not a cure but a treatment).
It seems it might be a Cure now .
it takes about 9 months ti get some visible improvments,for some people less than 9 months

Here is the protocol they gave.
to respect the timing and graduality is crucial
you must patch yourself on a different part every 24 h
those parts are :under your belly button ,on the right,then the following day left,then the following day in the end of your back on the right,then the following day on left
you must change your nicotine patch every 24 h
Nicopatch was the brand recommended,but just because of the dosage

first 3 months : 3,5 mg nicotine patch per day (so you cut a 7 mg patch in half )
month 3 to 5: 7mg "" "" "
month 5 to 7 :10 mg " " "
then 14 mg for 6 months
then 17 mg for next 3 months
then 24 mg for the next 6 months
then 31 mg since one year for me

Some patients do go up to 84 mg...which is not my case

you have to put the patch on those 4 areas and switch from area every day,

recommended patching area (for a quicker absorption,they told me ):

under the belly button,on the right and on the left
at the end of your back( at the end of your spine ),just above the butt,on the right and on the left

do not take any thiamine (vitamin B1 ) supplement as B1 will counter effect the nicotine

better to patch in the morning ,after your bath or shower

yes,you will have some sleep problems,especially when you switch for a higher dose
right now i do sometimes,but not every time take off the nicotine patch before to go to bed and i take melatonine supplement (currently 4 mg/day )

Pr Villafane did not recommend any specific diet or other supplements,but i did notice that i am doing better on my vegetarian days,and i do take about 4x3 grams of vitamin c every day (vitamin c seem to make my sine met last longer,is excellent for brain connections and makes my skin looks splendid ; )

kind regards
villiers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lurkingforacure (02-20-2013), moondaughter (02-20-2013)