Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused

My head was hit pretty bad on May 4th, 2012. I had a severe concussion with ALL of the symptoms (vertigo being the worst of them) until early July. Everything started to subside. My head get hit again on July 21st. 10 day later I was almost suicidal. I am still sick but the symptoms seem to come and go. I have seen every type of doctor and nothing is wrong with me except the concussion. I have 3 neurologists and they all say "time".
I run a hotel, I'm a Lobbyist, and I a kind of a "fixer" for 5 very powerful people. This concussion is ruining my life and work. Will it ever go away? I feel that everyone is giving up on me. They think I'm doing this to myself and that my cheese has slid off my cracker. Every time I start to feel better, my longest stretch being 3 weeks, I get sick again and I don't know why. I have a beautiful 6 year old daughter that I haven't been much of a mom to in the last 10 months and a husband that does just enough to get by. I wake up scared every day that the trees and mountains will still be moving if you know what I mean.
I feel that the vestibular problems are getting a little better but this past weekend, I was meeting with the Gov. and full blown vertigo set in! I cannot stop my life just because I'm sick! That has not happened in months. Usually when I feel bad it's just the brain tingles, brain fog, anxiety, and memory problems. As if they are not enough, now the vertigo is coming and going again.
Is there anyone out there that can explain to me the real stages of this? Some days I don't know if I am getting better or worse. Why does it come and go? And when can I expect to feel better without this creeping back?
I feel like collage was a waste. I am having to reteach myself everything!
Oh, and to add injury to insult.... I'm 34 and since this concussion I had a miscarriage, husband got a vasectomy, we bought a new house and MOVED, my dog of 17 years passed away, and all of my hormone levels are low due to the head injury so I feel like I have aged 10 years in the past 10 months!
Please! Someone tell me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel defeated! Is there any tricks to combating the vertigo? the anxiety? the fog? confusion? the tired behind the eyes? The aging?
I have tried yoga, acupuncture, herbs, etc. I will not get on anti depressants because I need my brain to learn how to function on its own.
I really need some advice. Doctors don't seem to know a lot about concussions. Even the ones that wrote the books.
One last thing...Drinking? Is social drinking okay on occasion?
Ruidoso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote