Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Please! Someone tell me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel defeated! Is there any tricks to combating the vertigo? the anxiety? the fog? confusion? the tired behind the eyes? The aging?
I have tried yoga, acupuncture, herbs, etc. I will not get on anti depressants because I need my brain to learn how to function on its own.

First you are not alone. Everything you are feeling is real. We know we have and are there. Recovery from a concussion can take some time and unfortunately there is no set time table. Many things can impact that recovery. Your diet, physical, enviromental and emotional stress. Have you seen a neuro-psychologist?

A concussion can leave you with deficits. Cognitive deficits, memory deficits, mood swings, anger issues... A np can pinpoint those and give you recommendations to deal with them. The NP I saw recommended Cymbalta, I had tried it earlier in my recovery and did not do well with it. However 3 months later I am trying it again and this time I am tolerating it much better.

I have never liked taking any prescription meds, ever. But since my injury I do not think I could have coped without.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ruidoso (02-20-2013)