Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default You are in good company

Welcome. You are not alone. I have found the one thing that has helped me the most is meditation. You probably have sleeping problems and racing thoughts, this can help with that a lot. Also helps with anxiety. Even if you just concentrate on breathing or on a mantra (a phrase you say over and over to yourself that is positive).

I am having a neuropsychiatric evaluation on the 25th. I will let you all know what new coping skills or rehabilitation ideas they have.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Listen to mark in Idaho, he has much experience and great advise and is very good at remaining positive and calm in this freaking horrific new territory. Good luck to you. Try to take some time off and heal. It is crucial you do this.

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ruidoso (02-21-2013)