View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It doesn't matter how long the little sprout is...just that it has been soaked and rinsed and drained 3 times a day for 3 to 4 days. This changes the chemical composition of the bean.
I do not think this sprout tincture has even half the l-dopa as the fava tops tincture and you may need a couple dropperfulls to get any results...but it would be portable (unlike carrying bean sprouts or frozen juice if you are out somewhere.)I think the tincture that I made before ...steaming the beans for just a couple minutes is better..the unsteamed beans tend to crumble and it is harder to seperate the sediment (perhaps I mashed the last batch too much, but it seemed they were trying to ferment alittle in the raw state, unlike the one I tried last month steamed lightly. *Anyway, I appreciate knowing that my tincture is in my pocket! As far as varieties....have a couple small test plots with different favas this year...will let you know how they perform. For my main crop ..just bought a 25 lb of generic organic sproutable favas that I order thru the local healthfood store. They have called the supplier and they don't have info on what kind of fava they are.....but they are the cheapest route I can go for planting and consumption.
Sounds like you had an abrupt ending to a peaceful moment...do you think it was the lemon juice???? One of my main problems is still constipation, have to take either cascara sagrada or Aloe. Are you going to plant favas??

Last edited by Aunt Bean; 02-21-2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: add something
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (02-21-2013)