Thread: Can not talk :(
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
anon6618

anon6618

Yeah, it just kind of freaks me out sometimes, because it doesn't only feel bad physically, but mentally too.
I do have overall weakness, but my bulbar symptoms are the worst. My legs (or hips I don't know) are very weak too; I'm in bed or wheelchair most of the time.
Breathing is also way to difficult, but I do not need fulltime respiratory support.

My eyes are very good, I have the mildest ptosis ever. It's from the nose down I guess.

Yeah, I take cellcept, MTX, prednisone, mestinon of course and I started plasmachanges or whatever they're called. Prednisone is the only thing that seems to work, but the side effects will kill me ( I got a steroid psychosis end of 2012), so I can't higher the dosage unless we'll start the medicine to take care of that (they really want to start a cocktail of statines, lithium, insulin, and all kinds of scary stuff). I still haven't given the green light for this because I'm concerned this will just be the start of a downward spiral - At least now I still have myself, my intelligence, my memory.
I am sero positive by the way.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote