View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How do you recover from PCS?

In early November last year I hit my head off the car door and experienced concussion 30 minutes later, I don't know how long I was out for but they were more concerned about my heart because it dropped to 45bpm. I had a CT which was clear but the following day I felt dizzy. After 3 weeks I was back at work and went to the gym, also had a few glasses of wine over the weekend, after which I felt a pain behind my eye.

By the middle of the week I was feeling dizzy again and exhausted, and from this point until now have experienced insomnia. Initially I got a feeling of fuzzyness from about 3pm onwards. Along with this I developed post concussion headaches involving earache, pain in cheek, sinus and through my teeth. Cold feet and chronic fatigue, noise and light sensitivity, hypersensitive hearing, tinitus, and pain caused by extractor fan noise etc. I also get numbness/dizzyness when stooping, fuzzyness (which has gone), motion sickness, and aversion to Tv and computer brightness. I have been taking regular breaks and have had all responsibility taken away from me, which is helping greatly. I am now stepping things up after numerous relapses.

Currently many of these symptoms have gone. Instead of headaches I have pressure on the left side of my brain moving to the right side, but this pressure will be extreme and cause headaches if I over exert myself, I think swimming provokes it more than anything. I now just have ear ache, and occasional tinitus and noise sensitivity, and light sensitivity is reducing. I also notice that when I concentrate for too long this causes fatigue. I still am only getting 3-4 hrs sleep a night, but on a good night have had 6-7hrs on rare occassions. I seem to react to physical activity, stress and noise.

Any tips on recovery.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote