View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Recovering from acdf with ROI-C

I am new to this but could really use help. I am 14 weeks post op from cervical surgery, C4/5. My neurosurgeon used a new device by LDR called ROI-C. Long story short, I woke up from surgery in tremendous pain in the back of my neck. My left arm felt like it weighed a ton. Surgeon didnt think anything was wrong. Came home the next day, spent 3 weeks in tears from neck pan and left arm pain. MRI and X-ray looked ok at 3 weeks. Dr didnt see any problems but I was still n extreme pain. Finally had nerve conductor test at 8 weeks, which revealed damage. Started neurontin which saved my life....14 weeks out and I'm not showing any fusion, neck pain is better but still hurts especially when sitting for more than 2 hours, hurts in back of neck, behind shoulder, and in front of neck around the collar bone. Arm pain still bad, dr says its arthitis and bursitis...can't take anti inflammatory meds because they inhibit fusion. Now wearing bone growth stimulator 24/7. Havent gone back to work, the more i try to do, the more it hurts. Has anyone hd this trouble and then recovered? Please please respond!
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote