View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
HiCocoa;

I had acdf in 2010 c4-c7--i went parlyzed on right before surgery and was is pain 24/7 I never slept before surgery --morphine wouldnt touch it. Post surgery I was in pain but for me it was more tolerable pain. Im not sure if thats because my pre-surgery pain was mind blowing. I also had bone growth stimulator it will really aid in helping u achieve a solid fusion. I was off work i think 4 months --and when i went back I was exhaused just from the drive in --this surgery takes a huge toll on your energy and your body. Im the healing stage my traps and back of neck and shoulder hurt and were so tight --it does hurt. Are you in any kind of collar?? Because it holds the weight of our neck thats all those muscle become tight. Your surgeon may suggest P.T once your showing signs of fusing. I know u wouldnt be fused yet-- take up to 6months usually even longer. The x-rays didnt seem to concern him which is a good sign so maybe your suppose to be where your at as far as healing at this time. I know this sounds lame but the nerves do strange thing the DR cant even explain during healing. I will stress this ---what u been thru is traumatic and you need to try to relax your mind and body as much as possible. Dont push trying to go back to work if your not ready. When your home be mindful of your posture its so important --even out this long if I lay wrong or bend I still get nasty flare ups. It will improve --u need more time. Best of luck to you !!

Thank you for replying! I'm trying so hard to stay positive. I just never expected this. I didn't mention in my previous post but I had cervical surgery on c5/6 12 years ago and was back to work in 3 weeks, woke up pain free after surgery.
This time I spent the first 8 weeks thinking I was never going to get better. I only saw improvements after starting the neurontin. But based on your experience, you think things will improve? My dr says he thinks my pain is from not fusing yet, but some ppl have no symptoms before thy fuse..I'm terrified that this new device he used, ROI-C, is the problem, but he says it looks good. I still have very little uses of my left arm. I believe in the power of prayers and appreciate anyone who wants to include me in theirs!
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (02-21-2013)