View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
Cocoa,

Since I know a little more history a single fusion is usally easier to recover from then a muti-level now you have c4 included. Did they take out you old hardware and re-fuse the whole thing from c4 thru c6 ? How was your symptoms prior to surgery esp in your left arm? The other thing is 12 yrs ago you were younger and 2nd surgery being older might take more time. I 100% can understand your concerns and fears I looked it up briefy does appear new tech since 2009. I went old school with 2 plates and 8 screws. That would concern me as well. Again it may be your older and to be honest im not 100% since mine 90% but I still have numbness in fingers and right shoulder being the worst. I will def add u to my prayers list!! Please keep posting as I def would like to know how your doing and how your progress. Im just very sorry your suffering right now.
He did not remove the old plate, that is what is supposed to so great about the ROI-C. I had some shoulder pain prior to surgery, but it was not constant and the pain did not go down my arm. The disc was buiging and the nerve was compressed. My dr is suggesting I try an injection in my shoulder since my test shows bursitis in the shoulder. But there is also nerve damage so I'm worried about the injection. I just don't understand how I am in so much more pain now than before surgery, but I can say I am better now than the first 8 weeks after surgery.
Thank you for your reply and I'm so glad you are doing well!
Cocoa14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (02-21-2013)