Thread: Help with MRI
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkitdoit7 View Post
I just had my first neurosurgeon visit and was told that my foot drop and other leg issues were from my cervical (neck) not my lumbar (lower) spine issues.

I have all the stuff you listed in your MRI - lumbar severe canal stenosis, severe endplate degenerative changes, bone spurs and fused vertebraes etc.

I was surprised that the neurosurgeon was greatly concerned about the neck issues because for years I had MRIs of only the lumbar spine - never the cervical spine until last year. It showed cervical myelopathy and severe canal stenosis and much more.

The neurosurgeon said the spinal cord goes from your neck down to about T12-L1 and that spascity and numbness and foot drop usually is from issues above L1-L2, usually the neck.

Did you ever have MRIs of your neck? Might be what is causing your foot drop.

I was so sure that my leg and foot problems were from my lumbar spine never even thought about my neck.

So you might want to ask your doctor about whether or not your neck could be causing problems. I don't have any neck pain but I am glad my doctor ordered the MRI....

Keep us posted on your progress.

Kelli
Good question, I had asked that same question last yr becuasei had a disc ruptured and removed in my neck about 12yr ago.I beleive a nerve may have been pinched during surgery.C-6 i think.It was a bad rupture had to have emergency surgery.I had a ct scan done last yr and looked good other than the canal was narrow..Upper body is fine its just the legs and feet and of course my balance.I have a problem with both motor/sensory.Check out my posts.I've posted the emg & blood test results.
billygee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote