View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Here is the link to the index page :
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum92.html

The New Thread button is at the upper left.

If you live at 8,000 feet, you should have adapted to the altitude. A session of HBOT (HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy) may indicate if your brain is struggling to absorb oxygen. Most altitude based oxygen adjustment is based on an increase in red blood cells. This does not change the partial pressure impact of altitude.

An fMRI may help determine if your brain is metabolizing glucose and oxygen properly. The studies of altitude and PCS did not address this specifically. I have tried to research this but found nothing written.

I am concerned about your self-medicating with herbs that have questionable research. It sounds like you also are struggling with anxiety. A therapist who can help you with anxious thoughts would be a help. It would be beneficial to feel comfortable in your home. You need to be able to relax in the quiet without any anxiety.

Just because you are having good days does not mean you can take on more activity or stress. It sounds like your job stress is a big issue to be resolved. what you used to consider small stressors can become big stressors with PCS. Only you know what stressors are part of your daily and weekly activities.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote