View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack_fitzgerald View Post
My headaches are generally more on the right side of my head, like right on my hairline in the front and near the bottom of the back of my head. I also occasionally will have a "shooting" pain go up the back of my head. These headaches are generally pretty on-going, I'll have times where I feel fine, but I'll have headaches still multiple times a day, and they're worsened when I try to do school work or read or anything like that. My neck hurts incredibly bad all the time. I feel like I've had whip-lash for the past two years or something, it's always really stiff and aches and it feels like it just needs to be popped, but it never pops. I also am super sensitive to sunlight. I can't be outside without sunglasses or else I get an awful headache, the glasses take a little bit of the edge off. I'm also nauseous quite often in addition to an ability to concentrate and remember minor things.
Hi Mack, you've got a lot to deal with. Please bear in mind that I'm not a doctor and I can't diagnose you. I can identify with what you have written above. I have occipital neuritis from past neck traumas. Its also been referred to as occipital neuralgia, but thats incorrect since the trauma explains my problems. One diagnostic tool is using occipital blocks to see if you get relief. If you do, albeit temporary, it helps the doctors diagnose you. Since you've been seen by neuros, have any of them suggested this to you? Have you discussed the headache and shooting pains with them? There are other treatment options if meds don't help but you need to discuss this with them. Please keep me posted of how you're doing and what your docs come up with. Take care, ee
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote