View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Internal RSd

Dear friend

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. My RSd came because of gallbladder surgery and then before we knew what was wrong with a plastic surgeon who said lets cut off this swollen tissue and see if you get better....I got So worse. I went code blue after the surgery when i was in recovery and they brought me back. I had many problems after the surgery like high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea and more.
the swelling has grown to over 80lbs on my abdomen and it wont come off no way no how. Now the RSD has spread to my feet and lower legs.

So my best reccomendation to you is stop fighting it. Surrender and lean on the Lord HE has big shoulders and will carry you through. Get a great pain management doctor who understands that you need a lot of different pain meds to battle this pain. Some days are better than others.
I have a wonderfully supportive family and found a great job that lets ,e work from home. Finally everything has lined up perfectly . I am mostly bed bound now and only go out once a week or to doctors appointments. My life is not how I dreamed at age 50.

Dont be so hard on yourself. Surround yourself with understanding friends and family and if they dont understand get them out of your life. My hubby is amazing and I know I am blessed with my situation. He takes care of me 24/7 providing all meals and companionship.

I hope that you will be gentle with yourself and hang in there. You can have peace where you are with God and enough pain meds and support.
Blessings
Lori
I dont come here very often for personal reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish4luck View Post
I have been a member since Oct. 2011 but I have never replied. I have had RSD for over 3 years from an auto accident in August 2009. The other driver was uninsured and totally at fault. My symptoms are localized on my upper right side. 2 months ago I had severe pain near my stomach and chest and ended up in the hospital for a few days. Cardiac and GI issues were ruled out. The diagnosis was that my RSD has now spread to my mid-section and I was off work until a week ago, when I went back for 4 hours per day. I have had 2 spinal injections in the last 4 weeks and I am scheduled for another within the next week. Unfortunately, over the last few days my stomach symptoms have worsened and I began vomiting after work today. I am really disappointed and scared that my RSD will continue to spread. Has anyone else's RSD symptoms progressed in this way? I would greatly appreciate any information, and yes, some moral support.
birchlake (02-22-2013), irish4luck (02-22-2013)