View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm going back to see the osteo/pain management doc this AM.
We have done three injections into my cervical spine in the last 2 or 3 months.
I noticed no significant relief from them. Though I was hopeful because at some point while he was injecting whatever he does I felt sensations from cold, tingling, and pain in all affected area's. This lead me to believe he found the source of my pain.
Maybe it is or isn't.
After my last injection I realized it was really not doing me any good as the steroids that were in there just made me go like a bat out of h*ll.
It never felt like I had complete relief but I was just so pumped up it seemed like I forgot about the pain for periods of time.
He also put my on Lyrica(50mg). I felt some relief at first from constant pain. But it did nothing for flare ups after activity or just the random flare ups.
We increased the night time dose to 75mg and I started to notice severe pain in my knees and area around them after upping the night time dose. Also I experienced daytime drowsiness again which I thought I was over.
Some people spoke of decreased urinination on Lyrica. It's the opposite for me. I am up three or four times a night. Very surprised I am not dehydrated.
Am planning on speaking to him about all of this today.

My TOS surgeon has refered me to another shoulder surgeon for a 2nd opinion. The 2nd said the same as the first, basically. They see some damage but nothing significant.
I am hoping that if the pain management doc says he's done all he can then the first shoulder surgeon will agree to go in and look around.
If I can't get relief in my whole area from neck to fingers I'd at least take some relief in the shoulder.

That's all for now. My apologies for not being involved more here but the nice weather is short here and I'm taking advantage. Also I go through phases where I just try to forget I have some sort of pain/disability problem.
Take care all!
gbsb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote