View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Info Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
TommyB,
Thank you very much for your time, Mark. I notice that you are a support and a wise resource for a lot of people on this site.
It sounds like you have been very busy DOING. have you tried simple quiet rest ? Quiet rest was hard for the first few months with the anxiety interrupting my sleep and I was getting used to life at home with 3 young kids. Rest is much easier to obtain now, however I am pretty restless and like to move.

Many of the therapies you mention are limited to specific injury profiles. The continuing EMDR may be over-stressing your visual processing. I am It is not designed for PCS. It is more for anxiety and psychiatric conditions, PTSD, etc. I would not submit to it myself. I have a history of seizures. The EMDR is the type with vibrating hand held devices and is mainly for my anxiety and helping to process my thoughts and emotions. I guess being hit with PCS that won't go away is sort of like PTSD.

What is the longest period of moderated activity without therapy that you have gone ? Tough to say because often I have had massages or cervical chiropractic adjustments over the times of no therapy. Probably 3 months over last summer.

There are no proven treatments for PCS. it sounds like you have tried all the treatments designed to treat the co-morbid injuries. Has anybody told you to ice your upper neck ? No, never. Treatment without icing to reduce inflammation can be futile. When I have a flare up, icing my neck usually helps. The atlas/c-1 to occiput joint is very prone to inflammation. It needs to be treated with care. I'll try icing the neck, thanks.

Has anybody observed your breathing when you sleep ? No, atlas-occiput inflammation can effect breathing and heart rate/BP. Do you do anything to maintain straight neck position when sleeping ? I don't have any special pillows. I mainly sleep on my side.

Most of the treatments for PCS are self-treatment. Maybe you need to focus on self-treatment/disciplines. I would like a self-treatment routine (stretching, diet, icing, yoga, vestibular exercises that work) that I can implement daily. I need help designing one. I have seen all of these professionals, but of course not as a co-ordinated team. I don't have any guidance building a customized daily treatment plan.

My best to you.
Cheers Mark ; )
TommyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote