View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for all of the information! I am not in Ottawa, in fact I am about 6+ hours from Ottawa. Closer to the Toronto area. I totally agree that I have eye issues and I have seen my optometrist 3 times. I've been trying to get a referral to a neuro ophthalmologist and was told I have to see an optometrist first. Soooo Optometrist appointment isn't until the end of May and then he has to refer me to neuro.

I've heard that it can be up to a year to see a neuro ophthalmologist so I'm very frustrated. I feel like my healing is on hold until I can get these eyes taken care of. I don't think they're as bad as some of you though because I am able to read it just causes strain and I can focus on things if I try and am not moving. I think it's my right eye in particular that's off.

I see a new neurologist next Tuesday and I'm hoping she will refer me to the neuro ophthalmologist so I can skip the step in May. I have my hopes up too much on this appointment next week but don't we all when we go see new doctors! I know there's no magic pill but I'd like some relief/hope for the eye symptoms. I just want to be able to walk again without everything getting worse!

I'm going to check out the links posted and see if there's a closer doctor. Money's really tight right now and spending $1000 to see an eye doctor that might not even know what he's talking about doesn't appeal to me much. I'm still trying to decide on whether to have the neuro psych testing or not so trying to save where I can.

Thanks again for the help!

CC

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote