View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi copelsa,
I've had simple partial (aura) sz. for over 30 yrs. along with absence and complex partial sz. that I've had 40 yrs. now. I started having sz. at age 10 and I'm 50 now. When I have the simple partial sz. I start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, get a nervous feeling in my stomach and once in awhile I will get a muscle spasm around my mouth so I can't speak. I have often found it hard to concentrate so I just tell myself over and over where I'm at or what room I'm sitting in and that will help me realize what's going on and where I'm at.
There will be days every month that I have up to 5 or more simple partial sz. and I've been on 11 or more different AED's (sz. meds.) Just like you I have a structual abnormality in the right temporal lobe where to many brain cells went and they never dissolved as I got older this in turn caused scar tissue on the RTL and it started the epilepsy. I've never tried the drug you are taking but I did have a DNA test done and found I was drug resistant. If you are interested ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you and this will show what AED's will work the best for you with the least side effects or if you are drug resistant. I had brain surgery done twice to help reduce my sz. and since then I have many more simple partial sz. than I did before the surgery was done. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this has done wonders reducing my sz. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
copelsa (02-22-2013)