Thread: Nerve Block
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb60x View Post
Thanks thats what I thought but they just want me to stay on the pain meds and say it will come with time and PT, I have stopped the meds cause don't want to be a junkee and now going thru the with drawals of it, will see the surgeon in a week or so and will question all this again for my livelyhood is on the line and don't want to go 8 months again with no arm useage and now probably not going to be able to return to UPS
Yeah, that's what they told me too. Glad I didn't listen. My surgeon permanently damaged my brachial plexus during my shoulder arthroscopy that started off a whole host of complications that will never resolve, and was in denial for 6 months post op. On my own, I went to a neurologist at 3 weeks post op due to atrophy, weakness, numbness and severe pain, got the electrodiagnostic studies and started more effective therapy. ****** off the surgeon as his only explanation was that "it was a big surgery...need some more oxycodone?," He was flat wrong and to this day still says he doesn't know what went wrong, if anything (according to him). Res ipsa locator....
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote