View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm really just trying to look at all the "ifs" that could possibly be out there. If I buy a house now (modest here is $350-400K, seriously that's cheap for NorCal), and if I can work for 10 years, sell it and move to a cheaper area, then I will be able to actually buy a house paid in full because of the equity I earn in the house. I have no clue what's going to actually happen, if things will get better or worse. I'm just trying to look at my long term goals now so I am not living in some crappy section 8 apt in 10 years instead. People don't buy houses and then go "gosh, I'm going to retire in 10 years so that's a bad idea", they plan ahead, move to a cheaper area when they retire or buy a smaller house when the kids leave.

Pare my lifestyle down? Are you kidding me? I have nothing to pare down. Eventually my child will move out and support herself (I hope so).

Yes, I'm working now. I'm not really sure why I'm getting the lecture. I'm not an idiot. I am just uneducated about disability insurance and wanted to know what to do about it from an experienced person, not a salesperson. I really didn't think I needed to tell everybody about what my symptoms are, we're all here because we have pains, illness and injury. I'm fully aware that some people with horrible illness and injury work through it.
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote