Thread: Puzzled...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI,
I am so sorry for your diagnosis. one thing people will say here, that will help the most, is that we know and we understand ... and that will be the best you can get some days.
i have learned over the years that most family and friends will never understand what this is like because it is so impossible to describe and it does not 'look' bad in many cases. some will be helpful and some will move away because they cannot 'get it'. i have stayed married and we have denied together, cried together, been angry together, and we have had times when he is so frustrated with this monster and what it has done to our life that we have each ended up in counseling separately. you do what you have to do to get through each day. it is ne day at a time.
you entire life does change and i hope you can change along with it and learn to adjust. you will have the good days and the bad and it is so important to fill the good ones with what means the most to you. it is also imoportant to let go of the things that hurt and are too much for you, and not care what people think as you do that. RSD is all about taking care of yourself. there is no cure, and there are no answers as far as treatments or medications that work for everyone. if and when it spreads is also a mystery.
i wish you the best and hope you find what works for you. joan