View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post

I didn't mean to say it would be easy, just easier than, well, a lot of other cases as I'd be able to prove it by a gene test and horribly curled up hands (if it gets that far). .

Hi Chaos,

Welcome to NT !

People keep 'warning' you that the SSDI approval process won't be easy because of misassumptions like this. Getting approved for SSDI isn't about proving that you have a medical condition, even a severe medical condition. It is about proving that the condition keeps you from working......and not just from doing your current job, but that it keeps you from doing ANY kind of work. When you consider that someone in a wheelchair or with curled hands could still be a greeter at Walmart, then you switch your focus to proving to the SSDI folks that you can't even do that. If anyone with your condition could work, you have to prove that your case affects you much worse. Most people who don't know someone who has applied for/gotten approved for SSDI would assume you'd just need a diagnosis and documentation from your doctor that you are unable to work.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (02-23-2013), Hopeless (09-14-2013)