View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Taki and welcome to the forum. Im a little concerned that you asking questions so close to the surgery. What you are about to experience is not common here in Oz and there are a lot of professionals out there with no idea, so their statements about recovery being fine and quick, i feel, are garnered more to getting your dollar from you.

Facts are with TOS, while everyone is different and presents with different symptoms, it is a syndrome which means that it has no common diagnosis. That is why you must get as many tests, MRI's and a venograph to inform you and the surgeon as much as possible.

Im in Canberra and well placed with facilities. I don't know what state your in, but NSW, ACT and Vic would have the better surgeons, but really good ones are few and far between. If you are fit at the time of the surgery you will bounce back quicker that those who are not.

Your's is a special double banger, so that will be special on its own. I would have suggested to really doctor shop with that one, but you have already said your surgery will be soon so i guess you are locked in.

Dont worry about scar tissue. If you do not have a disposition to it, it will not happen, your recent surgery will attest to that. You will be weak for some time, there is a lot of key muscles and nerves that get moved around and the drugs are strong.

Remember, they will need time to carve away at you, and your lungs will be exposed for a time as well, ços thats where they are, so you really are not going to be bouncing back in a few weeks or playing volleyball any time soon after.

If your real goal is to wake up pain free, you will need to experience bit of OMG time but things will get better after six months, after that you will forget the pain you used to have. Putting it off will just promote other vascular issues through your body and you will be unwell for numerous reasons then.

Being strong and healthy at the start however, makes for a better recovery time so i wish you the best of luck. Visit my profile for some pictures.
Blurto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote